I came upon a new video series this morning. It’s called The Men Who Made Us Fat. There are four parts. My first thought was that I would watch the beginning of the video but it was more than likely going to be the same old, same old. I wasn’t particularly interested in the “blame” game. Who cares who made us fat, move on and focus on health.
I have only watched part 1 but I’m hooked. Right around minute 8 I sat up in my chair and really started to listen. The video takes us back to clips of Nixon and 1970′s housewives picketing because food prices were sky rocketing. The first thing I noticed was how fit the housewives were. Interesting. I have read many articles that reference the slim figures and good health of women in the 50′s, 60′s and 70′s. The same women who didn’t exercise and ate real food.
The story that unfolds is about high fructose corn syrup and how it became a main component of the American diet. I’m eager to watch the rest of the series. Part 1 was about 15 minutes long. I’m sure parts 2-4 will be similar. It’s nice that it’s in parts so you can watch one part at a time if you are crunched for time, as I am this morning. Enjoy.
Facebook Fan Page!
- Crazy old ads for cola, tv, Doctors smoking, cocaine toothache drops and more! fb.me/Bu5o3DZc 2 hours ago
- @JeffProbst Blood is thicker than water! Survivors are bring family members #survivor #survivorfinale 1 week ago
- Great cooking tips. fb.me/2vF9TfAUe 2 weeks ago
- Soda and your body. fb.me/27pEgbzSI 2 weeks ago
- Ever wonder what Soy Lecithin is? Here's a great article and an excellent video of the author of the Whole Soy Story. fb.me/1J1OCYUsT 2 weeks ago
Tagsaddiction Autoimmune Disease Awareness Cleanse Coconut Coconut Oil cravings Dark Chocolate Dehydrator Detox Eat Well Everyday Paleo Exercise Feel Good Fermented Apple Sauce Fiber Fruit Gluten GMO Happy Have Fun HIIT Insulin Interval Training Jerky Leptin Low Carb Minerals Monsanto Obesity Organic Paleo Primal Skinny on Obesity Soy Stuffed Mushrooms Sugar supplements The Skinny on Obesity Vegetables Video Vitamins Water Westin A Price Yum